Saturday, January 4, 2014

Ashes


Today, along a beautiful rock point in the Gulf of Thailand, I scattered the last portion of Karen's ashes. My kayak rode up and down in the swells as I watched Karen's ashes blend and swirl in the crystal water.

I kayaked the circumference of the island of Ko Wai, a small and rocky beauty south of Ko Chang. This place spoke to me and I know in my heart that Karen would have loved it here.

I am no longer a courier of my small portion of my dear friend's mortal remains. Now she is mixed with the Mekong River, the Temples of Angkor, and the Gulf of Thailand.

Not goodbye my beloved friend, but Au Revoir.

3 comments:

  1. Time to come home my brother Marco...
    Good journey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I never knew your dear friend, Karen, but I can still hear her giggling as she swims along while meshing and melding into Thailand's magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, Marco, are a most excellent friend.

    ReplyDelete