Monday, December 16, 2013

Angkor Lost

The day was overcast and so humid you could wring water from the air.  After 20-odd kilometers I finally found the Rolous Temple complex, which consists of three temples spread over several kilometers.  It was not a morning for large panorama photography as the light was shit, the it was cool and sweaty.  So I concentrated on taking photos of the details.  The inscription on this doorway is from the 11th century.

Another doorway, this one clearly showing the means of construction, with the original brick sub-base and the plaster and stone work sheathing the brick.

One of the towers.  Had this been the extent of my Angkor experience, I would have said that I have seen much better temples elsewhere.   I was to proved so very wrong.

More details.

No comments:

Post a Comment