Monday, December 30, 2013

What I did....

Lucky for all of us, Trat takes food safey seriously down here at the Night Market.

What I did on my Winter Vacation, By Marco

Today I did nothing.  Well, not completely nothing, but Mostly Nothing.

OK, so I went shopping and bought a pair of flip flops.  After I ate.  That's what Thai folks do, they eat and they shop.  Preferably both at the same time or in close proximity.

Oh yeah, I had coffee.  Twice.  Cafe society is a big deal here in Trat.  
I did do some business, exchanging dollars for Baht.  That's like doing something, no?

Oh, and I made a still-life.  Do you like it?  Its sort of ike a Vermeer, but not quite as dreamy.  I call it 
"Street Food on a Chair with SOG Automatic Knife"

I did a crazy street dance with two Thai kids today.  I guess that counts as something.  This little boy was about four years old and he cornered me in the middle of the soi and started dancing.  I didn't get the exact wording of his squeaky Thai, but it loosely translated into English as "C'mon big Foreign dude, lets dance in the street like wild things."  So that's what we did.  His older sister, who was maybe six, threw herself into the mix and we had us a wild street mosh while their mom howled with laughter and egged us all on.  It was pretty much the hit of morning on that little Soi.  Those kids had some moves!

But mostly I hung out on my balcony and watched the world roll on by.  My guesthouse here in Trat is run by a German Cat and his Thai wife.  The place looks like a cross between a Chinese Hotel and a Greek Inn, complete with Corinthian (Doric?) columns.  Its all blue and white and the beds are wonderful and the pillows are not too big and its a corner room with a lovely breeze.

So, really, today I didn't do anything worth mentioning.  Lucky Me.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you wrote something on your blog today?! It counts Marco!!! :-)
    And also looks like you did smoke, now that is a serious work in a day!

    ReplyDelete