Thursday, December 12, 2013

Kompong Thom Walk-about

This tree does have significance, take my word for it.  I would have to climb the thing to show you the significance and I am not willing to do that.  The reason I am not willing to do that is that the tree is full of bats.  Big, hairy fruit bats, all dangling down and adjusting their wings and screeching at one another.  The other reason I am not climbing up there just to get a better picture is I don't want guano in my eyes.  Or anywhere else.  

So, trust me, the tree is full of big hairy bats.  Every evening they unfurl their wings and take flight in search of food.  Maybe tomorrow I will try to get a picture of flying bats.  Maybe.  Really, the damn tree was full of them.  Really.

A shady spot, a river, and boats going to and from the market.  It is a good way to spend the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment